Rochford Plant Hire are currently recruiting for a Plant Engineer.
Main Purpose of Function
To maintain plant, vehicles and all equipment owned by Rochford Plant Hire
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake servicing, repair and maintenance of all the company’s plant and hire in plant. (Both mobile and in a workshop.)
- Undertake servicing, repair and maintenance of all company owned and hired vehicles. (Both mobile and in a workshop.)
- Be responsible for working on all types of Rochford Plant equipment/assets i.e. Transit Vans, 4×4’s, Mini Diggers, Dumpers, Welfare units, Cut off saws, Electrical Items and Specialist Tooling etc.
- Listen to instructions and advice of Plant Foreman.
- Follow any processes set out by the company in relation to the maintenance of the company’s assets.
- Provide details of work carried out including time taken and parts used, to allow the company to record servicing and maintenance carried out on all company assets.
- Input records on company systems where requested.
- Making sure work undertaken meets the company’s high standards.
- Report continued misuse/damage of equipment to management to allow follow up action with operatives.
- Provide details to plant foreman to allow ordering and maintaining stock of parts and supplies.
- Be responsible for maintaining high levels of site safety, workshop safety and tidiness.
- Comply with Rochford Plant Hire Limited or Client’s PPE requirements.
- Wear all corporate clothing provided, ensure that this is clean at the beginning of the working day.
- Conduct in a safe, professional manner promoting the company’s interests at all times.
- Follow all training and tool box talks.
- Undertake any duties as deemed fair and reasonable by the Plant Foreman and the Directors of Rochford Plant Hire.
- Plant Qualification to Level 2 or 3 (desirable).
- Motor Vehicle Qualification to Level 2 or 3 (desirable).
- Manufacture specific training.
- Full, UK Driving Licence.
- Driving Licence includes Towing (desirable).
- A current EUSR Blue Water Card. (To be provided by RPH)
- A current EUSR SHEA (Water) qualification. (To be provided by RPH)
- Portable appliance testing (PAT) training (desirable).
- Physically fit.
- Communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to work safely, professionally and accurately at all times.
- To be trustworthy and protect the company’s confidentiality at all times.
- Be reliable, prompt and have a flexible approach to working.
This job description is intended only as a guide to the main responsibilities and is not designed to restrict the scope of the post holder to perform other duties.